Ever thought about turning your white socks to something more interesting? We got you covered! In this tutorial you will learn 3 fun and easy folding techniques, each one turning your socks to something amazing. Let get started!
List Of Equipment:
- white socks
- rubber gloves
- zip-lock bags
- fabric dyes
- wood or glass balls
- baking soda
- Place socks in the bucket together with baking soda. fill bucket with hot, not boiling water, stir and leave for 30 minutes.
- Grab first pair of socks and roll them up, placing rubber bands at the ends.
- Take 2nd pair and fold it in “zig-zag” pattern. Place rubber bands at the ends to keep them tide.
- Third technique is a bit more tricky. Flip your socks inside out, grab one of the wooden or glass balls and attached it to sock with rubber bands. Repeat as many times as you want, trying to cover up entire sock.
- Apply dyes as you wish, just remember that more colors you us the more messy final outcome gets.
- Place already colored socks in zip-lock bags and keep them inside for about 24h.
- Take socks out and unfold them. Enjoy your awesome design!
*Tips and Tricks
After whole process drain your socks in cold water 2 or 3 times. Before drying wash them one more time with baking soda or salt water to make color more vivid.